I missed a week!!


For the first time this year, I didn't get a blog out last Friday.

Is it because I haven't finished a book?? Well, I read less during the summer, but I did finish a few books and have lots of books I want to write about... so... why?

I just didn't have one ready, and couldn't find the time to even rush something out.

So, for now I'll just get this news and update report out in place of a review, and hopefully have some stuff ready for this week, and even double up at some point to make up for my miss.

News:

I am currentliy working (along with regular and irregular translation work and, you know, the actual job) on an anthology of writing from Writers In Kyoto. (WIK)

WIK, if you don't know, is a group of writers of all sorts based out of Kyoto. I've been lucky enough to join with them and meet at least half a dozen writers whose books I had already on my shelf just waiting to be signed.

I will work to as assistant editor on the anthology, which will hopefully be out next April, and am excited, confused, stressed, nervous and happy to be doing this type of work for the first time with the guidance of some older hats.

I hope to do the best possible job of helping to build this work, and maybe even see how well I can do at selling it a bit.

I'll keep putting out updates about that here from time to time.

If anyone has any questions about WIK, check out there facebook page, or drop me a line.

Hope all is well with any readers here, hope it will get even better, and hope that summer will end, as it always has done, and a cool breeze will inspire me to write more.

Later

Comments